10vt B3 (The Bandit)

Document and share your build!

Re: 10vt B3 (The Bandit)

Postby DE80q » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:50 pm

Afterthought wrote:Dang that’s going to be awesome . Not many tube header 10V’s around

Its definitely something different. We had talked quite some time ago about making a tube header for the HY35 I had picked up, but that went away. I then had him make the new exhaust for the factory setup, so I was kind of being cheap about it asking about factory placement. Then I don't need a new downpipe as well. :lol:
"If you can't find one, make one"

Dallastown, PA
1991 Audi 80 quattro (10vt project)
2007 Mitsubishi Raider(Dakota in disguise)
2014 Chevy traverse (It's what she wanted)
DE80q

Postby Afterthought » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:54 pm

Oh gotcha . Stock placement . I was wondering why you didn’t do equal length . But I don’t know how much difference it makes
Afterthought

1983 UrQuattro - http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1819&p=72513#p72513
1983 Ur Quattro Amazon Blue / Zebra MC
GMC 2500HD
Afterthought

Postby DE80q » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 pm

Today's mini project seemed to go well. I was getting very little air from the defroster vent, so I pulled the DS knee board to investigate. Turns out one of my cables had detached itself at the controls and was just moving around. I held it in place, and was able to get everything to move as it should.

Now on to the "seemed" part. Drove the car to work tonight, and had zero heat! I honestly think it was cooker inside the car than outside. Now I need to investigate this. Not sure what changed on that front between Friday and tonight...

Dallastown, PA
DE80q

Postby PRY4SNO » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 pm

DE80q wrote:Today's mini project seemed to go well. I was getting very little air from the defroster vent, so I pulled the DS knee board to investigate. Turns out one of my cables had detached itself at the controls and was just moving around. I held it in place, and was able to get everything to move as it should.

Now on to the "seemed" part. Drove the car to work tonight, and had zero heat! I honestly think it was cooker inside the car than outside. Now I need to investigate this. Not sure what changed on that front between Friday and tonight...

One down, one to go... nice. Any chance you need to burp some air from the coolant system?
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Postby DE80q » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:23 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:
DE80q wrote:Today's mini project seemed to go well. I was getting very little air from the defroster vent, so I pulled the DS knee board to investigate. Turns out one of my cables had detached itself at the controls and was just moving around. I held it in place, and was able to get everything to move as it should.

One down, one to go... nice. Any chance you need to burp some air from the coolant system?

That's a possibility. I'm going to make sure all my cables stayed on with the reasembly, then try to bleed the system. It's getting colder here now, so need to make that work soon!

Dallastown, PA
DE80q

Postby DE80q » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:10 am

It's fixed for now...

As some have pointed out, I did have some air in the system. I filled the tank, and ran it without the cap for a while. Watched the tank level drop significantly... So filled back up and hasn't moved. There is also the issue of the cables no longer being attached to the box. I don't mean where the eyes wrap around the pegs on the arms, but the clips that hold the outer plastic to the heater box. So for now, they are zip tied to the floor vent to keep them from moving. It actually worked extremely well! I can cylce through the different vent positions and adjust the heat level! I'll have to pull the dash out at a later date and fix it correctly.

Dallastown, PA
DE80q

Postby jbrentd » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:47 am

With winter coming...yay for working heat! Glad it was something simple.
jbrentd

Previous

Return to Projects