Piece of crap

Document and share your build!

Piece of crap

Postby versacehobo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:20 am

ok,

so i wanted to hold off making this till i had the engine and other stuff in my possession but i figured it is probably not a bad idea to start now to keep track of all the work that has to be done up until that point.

Car is an 00 B5 S4. The goal, remove the front heavy 2.7 and drop in an 07K. I figure if i can get the weight down up front, reduce the unsprung weight also at the front and remove the heavy Recaro interior, I should have a pretty cool street fighter/weekend warrior. Friend of mine got hit at about 15mph. The damage is nearly nothing except for the tow truck driver that skull dragged the car over a median strip, i'll get to that later. This would have never have been possible without David (my friend), so he will definitely get the first drive when it's all done.

So

01E
Manifolds from hank
Standard Bosch ME7.1 ECU
Standard harness
Working AC
Factory like install
400hp

The car is actually quite a rare colour, Achat Grey :

The car got hit at about 15mph. The damage is nearly nothing except for the tow truck driver that skull dragged the car over a median strip, i'll get to that later.

So the front right wheel had some toe out, something was obviously bent. I removed the lower control arms to which there was no change in the toe. I did some basic measuring of the distance between the tire and the upright and it seemed to be equal on both sides. I've bought a new front control arm kit and tie rods, if it turns out to be the upright, then i only have to swap the front lca to make the b6 alloy uprights work. I got some new front axles for a killer price. The lower door hinge was pushed in ever so slightly too, I will need to pull that out and hang the door again.

Retrimmed the headliner since it was sagging.

Now, the skulldragging part. I knew there was some damage.. I pulled back the carpet after taking the seats out... Definitely need some guidance with this part. I am thinking ill just cut a section from an a4 at the wreckers and weld it in on this one.

Also David gave me a BRAND NEW rack that he just happened to have sitting around.. Came brand new in the box from Audi.

New door and guard.

The old heavy Recaros that will make way for the ADR Approved Velo Seats, not sure how im going to get them on the stock sliders but ill figure that out later:

So tomorrow, I need to put the headliner back in, get the rest of the carpet out of the car and take some measurements to see how bad the floorpan is then cut that, weld that, bash that, buy that, built that, plumb that etc..

Hopefully have it done by the end of the year. I actually need to call the transport department and see what the is with putting and 07K in my car, they were never released here in AU. The cops are dumb as shit so i might even just leave all the 2.7 numbers on stuff.. who knows.
Last edited by versacehobo on Thu May 17, 2018 6:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
versacehobo

Re: 07K B5 S4

Postby amd is the best » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:04 am

AWESOME! Can't wait to see this thing come together. What are your plans for the RS seats? I may know someone interested.
Nick

'00 A4 1.8t
'91 200 20v
'91 200 20v Avant
http://www.youtube.com/amdisthebest
amd is the best

Postby Mcstiff » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:44 am

Sounds pretty cool! The old URA4 was pretty wicked with an AAN (won it's class at Pikes Peak in ~06?) so an 07k version should just be that much better!
Mcstiff

Postby EDIGREG » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:31 am

nice - I have the same plans for my b5, although probably not for a few years. Looking forward to seeing your progress
Ed
EDIGREG

Postby scubagli » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 pm

Where are you located? B5's didn't get those seats here, they came in b6 s4's

Old and grumpy.
scubagli

Postby Hank » Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Australia

Welcome, and thanks for posting
Hank

Postby amd is the best » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:33 pm

scubagli wrote:Where are you located? B5's didn't get those seats here, they came in b6 s4's

Old and grumpy.

Those look like B5 Rs4 seats no?

And now that Hank mentioned his location I'll prob pass on the seats, lol. US didn't get that sweet color paint either.
Nick

'00 A4 1.8t
'91 200 20v
'91 200 20v Avant
amd is the best

Postby scubagli » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:36 pm

amd is the best wrote:
scubagli wrote:Where are you located? B5's didn't get those seats here, they came in b6 s4's

Old and grumpy.

And now that Hank mentioned his location I'll prob pass on the seats, lol. US didn't get that sweet color paint either.

Not sure I haven't had the pleasure of being that close to a b5rs4....

Old and grumpy.
scubagli

Postby amd is the best » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:38 pm

scubagli wrote:
amd is the best wrote:

Old and grumpy.

Not sure I haven't had the pleasure of being that close to a b5rs4....

Old and grumpy.

Me either. I just drool on the internetz, lol.
Nick

'00 A4 1.8t
'91 200 20v
'91 200 20v Avant
amd is the best

Postby versacehobo » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:44 pm

Yeah guys, they are the same as B5 RS4 seats. My friend who lives one street over has one, RS4 just have Alcantara inserts in the middle of the seats.

Haha, yeah Nick, I am down under. I actually sold the seats and am dropping them off this morning.

Have we got any panel beaters in here? Any ideas on the best way to go about that gaping hole in my floor pan?
versacehobo

Postby versacehobo » Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Got some more done today. Re-fitted the headliner, took the carpet out (shit job) and really got to see what needs to be done. I'll be getting my floor pan tomorrow, then will need to trim it up and mark the floor and get some cutting done.

Difference between unbent/bent
versacehobo

Postby versacehobo » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:06 am

Figured an update might be worthy.

Never did get around to putting an 07K in that car.

Unfortunately 07K never came to Australia, so i would have had to import one then go through the ringer getting it mod-plated to get registration.

I ended up getting some K24/RS6 turbos from Sean, throwing them on with all the other fruit. Car made 450hp... was pretty boring after a while and had been through some shit after the crash.

Plus with the nice interior gone, it was basically just a scrap A4 with a 2.7 and all the CHINA.

Fast forward about 3 different B5 S4's, i found another Achat B5 S4, drove about 10hrs to buy it and bring it home.

2 owner car, full log books. very clean, perfect for this build. Bought it from a guy in his 60's.
Monster truck status.

Bought some new KW V3's for it.

At this point I wasn't sure what I was going to do. Decided to buy some brakes and wheels. Got some 18z calipers for the front and im running 330mm rear discs with adapter plates from Germany.
Wheels are Oz Superleggera 18x8 et35. I got 5 as it's a street car so a full size spare is nice.

Fast forward just enjoying a bone stock S4, which is actually quite nice, I decided to ruin this car. How would I do that, vr6 swap it.

I bought a MK5 R32 engine because I was told by someone that 2.8 24v and all 3.2 share the same sensors etc (not true), so then i had to buy another 3.2, but this time from a mk4.

The Mk4 engine is already built with pistons and rods. The Mk5 engine is receiving a 2.8 crank and a custom rod/piston setup to de-stroke to 3L, a girdle at a later date and some cams.

I had a custom exhaust manifold setup made, 3.5" downpipe, custom trans bracket to run upto a 4" downpipe.

Im running a Gen 2 6266.

Bought some other parts to get the swap underway.

VR5 engine mount bracket which i welded a -4an fitting to for oil feed for the turbo

OEM baffled oil pan

adapter plate

Flywheel and SB clutch

I also had a custom bulk head for the fuel tank made up

I wasnt really feeling the white RS4 interior, so i swapped to a full black interior with onyx door cards (still kept the carbon trim obviously)

Bought a fluidampr too

Waited a LONG time for my harness to be made, in hindsight i could have just bought a LINK Fury ECU and had a harness made for the same price in the end... oh well.

I'll be using stock me7.1 to run this thing, at least to iron all the bugs out.

There is a heap of other stuff but i cant find those photos at the moment.

I also plan to drag race a lot, so I bought some straight cut PAR gears for my 01E ( 1st and 2nd). Here is the new ratios:

Now all im waiting on is my intake manifold. Once that arrives, I'll put everything in the car, and figure out what needs work etc.
versacehobo

Re: 3.2L, 62mm, B5 S4

Postby ChrisAudi80 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Very nice! Looks like I have the same seats in my B4.
96 S6 auto
95 80Q AEB VEMS
ChrisAudi80

Re: 3.2L, 62mm, B5 S4

Postby lorge1989 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:25 am

This thing should boogie
1988 Audi 90Q 1.8T 20v megasquirt'd and Holset'd
1994 Audi 90Q V6 oil burner, soon to be ABZ
1978 GMC High Sierra

http://dubsinthebuff.com
lorge1989

Return to Projects