^^ Absolutely!
Alex
'90 V8q
'95 S6
PLANETARY4

Re: The 20vt Quantum Syncro Wagon - The Group B Grocery Gett

Postby dougkehl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:11 am

mrdeye wrote:Nice! At one point in time that chopper use to be Zed's! :P

Yeah, this thing is sick. I can't wait to start working on it. I need to try to find a CB450 parts bike or at least a good engine. That's what the frame was built to use and I'd like to get this thing together as quickly and easily as possible so I can ride it.

loxxrider wrote:That new turbine housing looks super nice. Glad it worked out to both of our benefits!

Me too! Having it sit there and look so nice makes it so tempting to start getting ahead of myself and spending money I can't spend on engine parts because I'm in the midst of buying my first house, which will provide me more space with a bigger garage to finish it lol

chaloux wrote:This thread is awesome. This project is awesome. That ground control kit is a hilarious mix, nice job.

Thanks man! And the Ground Control kit is very funny. I had to explain to them 3 times what I needed before they told me I needed to take dimensions of everything in the rear to prove that I was dead serious about needing those exact parts!

Also update from the weekend. I turned my garage into a makeshift spray booth and had my buddy Corey come over to spray all the door jambs, the hatch jambs, the underside of the hood, sunroof and gas cap and edge the fenders. Now I can put everything back together and get it on a trailer this Friday or Saturday morning to bring it up to the booth he uses where we will spray the entire exterior of the car! I'll post some pictures up later today. It was basically dark out by the time we finished.
dougkehl

Postby dougkehl » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:11 pm

Pictures from this weekend! It's all I've taken so far, but I'll take more once it's all done. The color is really nice and the pictures are kinda crappy because I was being lazy and had it on point and shoot mode.

ImageIMG_8532 by dougkehl1, on Flickr
ImageIMG_8535 by dougkehl1, on Flickr
ImageIMG_8537 by dougkehl1, on Flickr
dougkehl

Postby loxxrider » Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Here's the experimental mock up part we've been discussing :)

It needs some clean up, but overall it came out well.
Attachments
0623172311_HDR-1.jpg
0623172311_HDR-1.jpg (883.46 KiB) Viewed 20 times
-Chris

'91 Audi 200 20v - Revver/BAT project
'91 Audi 200 20v Avant
'01 Anthracite M5
'90 M3
'85 Euro 635csi
'12 X3
E34 530i (maybe rear-mount soon)
loxxrider