TCombs UrS4, Brakes done, and wheel fell off..

Document and share your build!

Re: TCombs UrS4, Brakes done, and wheel fell off..

Postby audifreakjim » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:49 am

Looks like the paint on the mating surface of the hat deformed and allowed the bolts to loosen. Definitely clean the paint off before the next install. I bet the other side is loose too.

Sorry this happened!
audifreakjim

Postby TCombs » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:12 pm

audifreakjim wrote:Looks like the paint on the mating surface of the hat deformed and allowed the bolts to loosen. Definitely clean the paint off before the next install. I bet the other side is loose too.

Sorry this happened!

That’s what I was thinking, it was either that or someone had messed with that wheel for whatever reason. The other side was tight. I got it on the rack last night. Looks like I just need a fender, brake rotor and custom rotor hat and small stuff, as well as a repaint on that caliper. All in all I got lucky with what happened. Probably the best case scenario for this bad event. I appreciate the kind words. This will stay in the back of my mind now when doing anything. I have emailed 2bennett, Apikol and ECS about that hats and I am waiting to hear back. Rotor is easy enough and the fender, I have found a couple on EBay.
1994 Audi URS4 Emerald Green
2010 Audi A5 Meteor Gray
2006 Yamaha FZ6
TCombs

Postby Lucky » Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:05 pm

TCombs wrote:I'm in Oregon. Depends where at in Canada you are.
Ha yeah, I say bro because he was just one of those guys who thinks he knows everything. Not someone I would ever take my car too. I did that as well when I put the brakes on. Only drove about 20ft and then I torqued them. I took the wheels back off and bled the brake system at work, and then once again torqued them. Not to sure about what happened.

I'm in Nova Scotia near Halifax. At the start of your thread you mentioned you work at audi? I have a friend that manages the parts department at the halifax Audi location. Would you be able to do some sort of dealership to dealership shipping?

The fender I have is white and actually was shipped to me from Texas lol. Let me know if I can help out.

Cheers.
1988 audi 80, 1994 Urs4, 2005 Ranger
Lucky

Postby speedydtp247 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:26 pm

TCombs wrote:I have emailed 2bennett, Apikol and ECS about that hats and I am waiting to hear back. Rotor is easy enough and the fender, I have found a couple on EBay.

If your having troubles with the custom rotor hats, I say skip them and go with the D2 A8 rotors (just a tad smaller 323mm) and call it a day. That's what I used on my very 1st UrS4. Here are a few pics of the 928GTS "big blacks" on my very 1st UrS4.

Sorry the last 2 pics are small and hard to see the big blacks. If you zoom in you can see them.
speedydtp247

Previous

Return to Projects