Page 1 of 1

Kuj's Big(ish) Turbo Upgrade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:04 pm
by pointblank9957
Hello all,
I just picked up a 94 urS4 not long ago. So far I'm loving the car and all its quirks. I ended up ditching a Built Mustang for it, and I'm glad I did.
My plan is to upgrade the turbo and extract a few more ponies. I'm just parts gathering at the moment but I have most of the kit ready to go in. I'm just waiting on a few more crucial pieces.
As of right now the car has a 3" turbo I had made, 034 Stage 1 Chip, all Samco intercooler couplers, 2.0T TSFI red top coils, ABT Tuning Bilstein sport suspension, Drilled/Slotted rotors and 2Bennett Camber Plates. I'm hoping to touch 400hp with this setup below, I know I'll be replacing the clutch soon after. I'm not sure as to what clutch is in the car at the moment.

So far I've collected:
Precision 6031RE dual ball bearing turbo, 59mm 600hp capable with a T3 hotside.
T3 tubular turbo manifold
Dekka 60lb injectors from EFIExpress
Bosch 4 BAR MAP sensor
Fuel Pump rewire
034 Walbro pump adapter
2.2 BAR Wastgate spring
-4 oil feed adapter, feed & return hoses
VAGCOM cables for logging
misc couplers and piping for downpipe and intake
Walbro 450 fuel pump
AEM UEGO wideband

Re: Kuj's Big(ish) Turbo Upgrade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:41 pm
by ringbearer
Welcome! What are your plans for tuning and where are you?

Re: Kuj's Big(ish) Turbo Upgrade

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:33 pm
by morris400
Great start man. One thing, if that's an Ebay manifold I'd recommend having a shop check the welds and plane the flanges. I had one (never used it) and that's what my plans were. Over all it's ok quality and should be just fine. Build a brace for the turbo the take the weight off the manifold as well.

Re: Kuj's Big(ish) Turbo Upgrade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:59 pm
by pointblank9957
ringbearer wrote:Welcome! What are your plans for tuning and where are you?


Thank you! I'm from Upper Michigan, I'm planning on having Marc tune it via Motronic. As far as the swap goes, its just about done. All that's left is some heat wrap, wire in the wideband, finish up the wastegate dump, install the injectors, and do the ECU work. When that's all done I can finally clean the bay for good. Its surprising how dirty things get just from working on it. Oh, I also need to figure out what to do with the Valve Cover Breather hose and the bypass valve (I'm assuming just replace it with a BOV).

morris400 wrote:Great start man. One thing, if that's an Ebay manifold I'd recommend having a shop check the welds and plane the flanges. I had one (never used it) and that's what my plans were. Over all it's ok quality and should be just fine. Build a brace for the turbo the take the weight off the manifold as well.


Thank you sir, I checked the flanges for flatness and they seemed fine. I normally file the flanges of cheaper manifolds before I use them anyway. I will be building a brace for the turbo soon here also. On my Supra and DSM I welded steel rod from flange to flange to stiffen it up. No failures so far! :)

Re: Kuj's Big(ish) Turbo Upgrade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:11 pm
by MikeB25
pointblank9957 wrote:
Thank you! I'm from Upper Michigan, I'm planning on having Marc tune it via Motronic.


Where in the 906?

Re: Kuj's Big(ish) Turbo Upgrade

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:40 pm
by pointblank9957
MikeB25 wrote:
pointblank9957 wrote:
Thank you! I'm from Upper Michigan, I'm planning on having Marc tune it via Motronic.


Where in the 906?


Iron Mountain