FS: 01A/01E Spec Stage 3 Clutch $150

Buy and Sell your parts here

FS: 01A/01E Spec Stage 3 Clutch $150

Postby SEStone » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:58 pm

Selling my old Spec Stage 3 clutch. I ran it in my 20vt Coupe until I removed it for what turned out to be a worn out flywheel friction surface. The clutch and pressure plate surfaces are in good condition and the pressure plate felt normal when it was removed from the car. I might recommend deglazing the flywheel side of the disc, but there are no chunks missing from it and it does not appear heavily grooved. That being said, this is being sold AS-IS, NO WARRANTY. It may be a gamble and the price reflects that.

This clutch has somewhere over 50k miles on it, but throughout its life has been inspected about every year when I have the engine out of the car. The friction surface on the disc simply doesn't seem to wear, as visually it was very close to the rivots when I got it and looks about the same now. It's a very easy clutch to drive; the pedal engages high but effort is like stock. It chatters a bit due to being a 6-puck. I ran up to 26psi on a T3/T4 without slipping; the only time it slipped was when the friction surface wore out.

Email me at sstone@imolamotorsports.com for pictures or if you're interested. Price is $150+shipping OBO.

Sam
Sam Stone
((\/)) Evolution Motorsports
SEStone

Re: FS: 01A/01E Spec Stage 3 Clutch $150

Postby Mcstiff » Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:51 pm

hmmm. I should stay out of the Swap Meet...
Mcstiff

Postby my2000apb » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:46 am

dang this is tempting, 240mm correct?
my2000apb

Postby SEStone » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:57 pm

Yep, 240mm. Original application was for a 7A.

Edit: I would sell the flywheel for $100 as well. It was the original prototype for Fidanza, I bought it from Javad who used to have it on his 80TQ. It does not have 7A timing pin, but it has an hand-etched TDC and 12* mark. It needs a friction surface and some hardware. The friction surface it has has a different number of holes than the ones currently used by Spec/Fidanza/034...it's either one more hole or one less, I forget which. Apparently friction surfaces are easy to make with a waterjet (or so Hank said), so if you have the capability it would be a cheap flywheel. It weighs 9lb.

Sam
Sam Stone
((\/)) Evolution Motorsports
SEStone

Return to Swap Meet