1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed

Buy and Sell your parts here

1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed

Postby Grillage » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:00 am

There's a lot of info here so sorry if I'm long-winded

I've had this car for 6 years and. Since I've had it I have swapped in a slightly lower mileage AAH engine (it was purchased with a bad engine) and swapped the Automatic for a manual 012 5 speed transmission about 10,000 miles ago. This really made a huge improvement to the car. Also added the proper euro bumpers front and back from a late model European Cabriolet and rs2 headlights.

The Car is in Cincinnat Ohio and could definitely drive itself wherever. I've driven it on a couple 5 hour plus trips including Carlisle in 2015
Mileage: 151,512

Engine:
12v V6 AAH with an RXTB Mance Throttle Body (one of the last out of his shop - he epoxied it and bored it out but I smoothed it)
Ported and polished heads - gasket matched
Leaks a bit of oil but runs very well.

Transmission:
CAC code 012 from a 93 90 - had 53,000 miles at install
JHM short Shifter - I love this

Wheels:
New tires last year - probably 3-4k miles on them now

Interior:
Swapped in all black interior from a 96 cabrio a few years ago. The drivers seat has developed two tears in the last 6 months - one on the side of the seat and another right on the butt. I actually had an upholstery shop fix one panel that ripped early on so it could be done again. I cut a big hunk of proper black leather from a junkyard car and had it stitched in.

All the burled wood has been plastidipped black and looks great in my humble opinion. I think that stuff peels off but I have a set of wood trim for the fronts that can come with the car if a buyer wanted it including a spare airbag.

Aux Gauges have been installed as well as a trip computer.

I put a temperature sensor where the PRND12 thing was but it has stopped working this summer. I'm sure it could be made to work again. I bought a NOS temp sensor when I installed it.

The radio is an older Alpine CD player and I installed a small flat sub that sits behind the driver's seat

The car has a parcel shelf from a euro B4 at the driver's knees. I though it was super handy.

All carpet surfaces are new in the dash and the center console.

I installed a NOS 3 spoke steering wheel a couple years ago.

Body:
The Emerald Green paint has been resprayed before I bought the car and this is the only bad thing about this car. I had the bumpers done when they were installed and the hood and drivers side fender at another time. Since then, the clearcoat on the trunk deck and the driver's side has started failing badly. It really needs a respray.

Also, I backed into a post a few months ago and broke the euro center light and put a dent in the lower trunk deck lid. The rear bumper took a hit but has bounced back to its shape.

The leather on the Tonneau cover I guess you'd call it has shrunk and needs attention. I have a spare panel with a pristine leather section that can come with the car.

Nothing else is really wrong with the car other than the reverse lights never having worked since the transmission swap. Never really messed with them to figure it out. Also the AC loses charge every year due to a leak I'd imagine. It currently doesn't work.

I'm asking $3,500.

My signature has a link to the build thread I made when I got the car too

Some pics:
CURRENT
1995 90 Quattro
1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed

PAST
1993 Audi 90 CS Quattro - 1990 CQ - V8 - 1995.5 Audi S6 - 1993 Audi V8 - 2013 A5 Prestige - 2011 A4 Avant - 1986 Maserati Biturbo Spyder
Grillage

Re: 1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed

Postby DE80q » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Makes me sad for 2 reasons. First sad to see it go, second I don't have the funds to buy it from you...
"If you can't find one, make one"

Dallastown, PA
1991 Audi 80 quattro (10vt project)
2007 Mitsubishi Raider(Dakota in disguise)
2014 Chevy traverse (It's what she wanted)
DE80q

Postby A1QSHIP » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:42 pm

Wish I had room for it.GLWS
Nulla tenaci invia est via
A1QSHIP

Postby Grillage » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:32 pm

DE80q wrote:Makes me sad for 2 reasons. First sad to see it go, second I don't have the funds to buy it from you...

I’ll regret it. No question
CURRENT
1995 90 Quattro
1994 Cabriolet - 5 speed

PAST
1993 Audi 90 CS Quattro - 1990 CQ - V8 - 1995.5 Audi S6 - 1993 Audi V8 - 2013 A5 Prestige - 2011 A4 Avant - 1986 Maserati Biturbo Spyder
Grillage

Return to Swap Meet