FS: ShayTree 20vt Transmission Mount Pair 50$ (OEM+)

Buy and Sell your parts here

FS: ShayTree 20vt Transmission Mount Pair 50$ (OEM+)

Postby themagellan » Fri May 03, 2013 12:26 pm

Hi all,

I have realized how poor of a market there is for the 20vt chassis mounts in general. The OEM ones are weak and are really geared to just give you comfort.

The other "Density" line mounts seem to have the exact same issues in terms of tearing with big power apllications.

Here is my option - These are OEM mounts cleaned and reinforced/refitted with a 3M based poly urethane material. I ended up making these for my 200, but realized halfway through my 016 has different mounts. They make not look like much but they will handle nearly anything that is thrown at it.

50$ gets you this prototype set - If people like them I will make more upon request. I will even take special orders to fill in the exposed silicone with metal.

I am also working on a suitable cost effective option for the motor mounts themselves that tend to rip and tear even when you are paying 80/mount. Stay tuned dudes.
themagellan

Re: FS: ShayTree 20vt Transmission Mount Pair 50$ (OEM+)

Postby Kuma » Sat May 04, 2013 5:39 pm

could i use these as rear mounts for my diff? on my CQ
Kuma

Postby Mcstiff » Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm

Kuma wrote:could i use these as rear mounts for my diff? on my CQ

Nope. You can use 911sc engine mounts like these. They work on the transaxle and diff (the rear diff mount is B3/CQ specific) with a bit of massaging.
Mcstiff

Postby Kuma » Sun May 05, 2013 1:20 pm

Fuck yeah, thanks for the link!
Kuma

Postby Mcstiff » Sun May 05, 2013 1:46 pm

No problem. Just to confirm, the massaging involves trimming the edges of the mounts so that they seat correctly. I have not done mine yet so I cannot say exactly what needs to happen.
Mcstiff

Postby Kuma » Sun May 05, 2013 2:06 pm

I would be very interested to see how you do yours. My mount is broken on drivers side , so every time I shift, my car goes *whump.
Kuma

Postby themagellan » Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm

Yes thank you for the link mcstiff, the mounts on these cars are about the only thing they don't all share across platforms haha!

If anyone wants these to try them out feel free to make an offer, I would love someone to run these to report how insanely great and stiff they are :P
themagellan

Return to Swap Meet