Anyone ever use DrBeastCar ?

Non-automotive discussion

Anyone ever use DrBeastCar ?

Postby Quattros7 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi all, I wanted to see if anyone has ever used Tim with DrBeastCar to fabricate any exhaust parts? thank you.
Quattros7

Re: Anyone ever use DrBeastCar ?

Postby varia » Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 pm

ahahahah

do you have FB?
If yes, i can link you the latest horror story
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

project 2226
varia

Postby Quattros7 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:13 am

Havent checked back here in a while. No, I dont have facebook. Im about ready to loose it with this guy. I sent him my new Garret Gt28 turbo for mock up purposed and gave a deposit for a header and downpipe for a 10VT build. Tim has been nothing but excuses. Im fed up with it. He promised me he would get it shipped this weekend that just passed after waiting almost 5 months. Not a word from him. Very disappointed that there are people like this out there. Praying on out own community of Audi enthusiasts. Im sure hes done good work and done good my many people, but he has pissed me off. I dont like getting screwed. At this point i only have the option to file a complain with Paypal and hopefully get my deposit back. I need my turbo. Anyone here have anything good to say about this guy? I dont want to lose hope in getting my parts and turbo. Again, very disappointed!!!
Quattros7

Postby loxxrider » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:42 am

Seems to be a common theme in the past year or two, sadly.
-Chris

'91 Audi 200 20v - Revver/BAT project
'91 Audi 200 20v Avant
'01 Anthracite M5
'90 M3
'85 Euro 635csi
'12 X3
E34 530i (maybe rear-mount soon)
loxxrider

Postby DE80q » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47 am

Tim is a good guy, and does great work. The problem is he sometimes tries to take on too much at one time. I'm not making excuses for him, but unfortunately in the past year he has moved twice. I helped with the latest move, so I know what was involved to do so. Sense the move, he has been working on multiple projects trying to get caught up. I know of at least 3 major projects that have gotten completed sense he got moved in. Give him a little more time, and you will be quite please with the result.
"If you cant find one, make one!"

91 Audi 80q -10vt project
07 Mitsubishi Raider (Dakota in disguise)
DE80q

Postby varia » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:09 pm

DE80q wrote:Tim is a good guy, and does great work. The problem is he sometimes tries to take on too much at one time. I'm not making excuses for him, but unfortunately in the past year he has moved twice. I helped with the latest move, so I know what was involved to do so. Sense the move, he has been working on multiple projects trying to get caught up. I know of at least 3 major projects that have gotten completed sense he got moved in. Give him a little more time, and you will be quite please with the result.

he is a scumbag and does shit work
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

project 2226
varia

Postby DE80q » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:20 am

varia wrote:he is a scumbag and does shit work

With a statement like that, I'm sure you have first hand experience with something he has made. Care to enlighten on what he made for you that was that bad?
"If you cant find one, make one!"

91 Audi 80q -10vt project
07 Mitsubishi Raider (Dakota in disguise)
DE80q

Postby varia » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:09 pm

DE80q wrote:
varia wrote:he is a scumbag and does shit work

With a statement like that, I'm sure you have first hand experience with something he has made. Care to enlighten on what he made for you that was that bad?

maybe you dont have facebook and thats why you dont know the "other side"

basically he burned at least 10 ppl recently, he is banned in almost all audi fb groups,
im trying to find the link

as for the quality:
h1.jpg
h1.jpg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

h2.jpg
h2.jpg (15.03 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

h4.jpg
h4.jpg (13.69 KiB) Viewed 1638 times

h5.jpg
h5.jpg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 1638 times
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

project 2226
varia

Postby audifreakjim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:21 pm

I'm not sticking up for him, but I don't know if I would call that shit work Chris. Maybe it's hard to tell from the pictures, The worst thing I can see is a couple of joints that are not perfectly aligned?

The reality is, for the money we want to spend on parts, you are never going to get anything perfect off the shelf, or on time for that matter. I have had issues with every single vendor I have ever bought parts for on my car. I put up with it because I am cheap, and I can fix the shortcomings myself.

Every single one. And it's the same BS just about every time.
audifreakjim

Postby loxxrider » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:55 pm

Are you kidding Jim? Or maybe you don't understand what's inherent in a good, strong weld. There is nowhere near enough penetration on those welds. That truly is shit work.

No excuses are necessary here and they should never be made for any product which doesn't state the shortcomings up front or fix the problem right away.
-Chris

'91 Audi 200 20v Avant
'01 Anthracite M5
'90 M3
'85 Euro 635csi
'12 X3
loxxrider

Postby audifreakjim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:25 pm

Dead serious. Looks like every aftermarket exhaust out there. It's not the space shuttle. Looks better than my shit with sugar hanging off the inside.
audifreakjim

Postby audifreakjim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:26 pm

Since you guys know it all. Let's play a game. Who would you buy parts from? Like I said, I can throw them all under the bus. But I don't.
audifreakjim

Postby scubagli » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:43 pm

Tim means well, I had a good experience buying 6spd swap parts from him. That said he can't seem to get our of his own way, and has definitely left alot of people hanging...good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
scubagli

Postby chaloux » Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:50 pm

I've never really thought about looking inside other people's stuff soooooo I can't say much. Plus I don't know anything about welding. What do the insides of Hank's look like? I would presume different?

However, I can think of a couple vendors that, at least as far as I have seen, could not really be thrown under the bus.
Matt

01 Allroad 6speed - RS4 clutch, catless downpipes, stuklr tune
04 Jetta TDI - DC stage I clutch/14lb fw
DEATH by rust - 96 Audi A6 Avant 2.5l TDI
GONE :( 87 4ktq - 4 FOX SNAKES
DEAD :( - 1996 S6 mit TDI
chaloux

Postby audifreakjim » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:50 pm

scubagli wrote:Tim means well, I had a good experience buying 6spd swap parts from him. That said he can't seem to get our of his own way, and has definitely left alot of people hanging...good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

This is a pretty common theme, even as recently as my latest transaction with an un-named supplier that took 10x longer than it should have. I think it's better to work with people who have good intentions, and even try and help them improve.

Fuck, I sound like a dad, lol.
audifreakjim

Postby Afterthought » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:16 pm

It would be cool if someone who is formally trained to weld would fill us in becAuse now I'm curious. Those welds look really good from the outside, much more consistent than mine, the fit up looks good, piping is clean before welding .
Curiosity got the better of me and I tried one myself , but I don't know what I'm doing .
This is with 1/16" rod and good fit up . No matter how little heat I try and put in I still have some of that heat coming through to the inside . But maybe that's just because it's not back purged?
Afterthought

1983 UrQuattro - http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1819&p=72513#p72513
1983 Ur Quattro
GMC 2500HD
Afterthought

Postby PRY4SNO » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:26 pm

Yeah that looks like sugar to me... back purge will help.

Are you using a 1/16" gap, or a tight fit up?
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Wifey mobile
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Postby Afterthought » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:04 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:Yeah that looks like sugar to me... back purge will help.

Are you using a 1/16" gap, or a tight fit up?

Small gap on that one, probably about 1/16
Afterthought

1983 UrQuattro - http://theprojectpad.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1819&p=72513#p72513
1983 Ur Quattro
GMC 2500HD
Afterthought

Postby 4k20vt » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:20 pm

I'd like to chime in... he's been ignoring me for a solid 3 weeks. Ordered exhaust from him April 13th with a deadline of May 26th. Communication is next to non existent and now he flat out ignores my calls, had to file a dispute with PayPal yesterday. I'm all for giving the guy a chance but so far he's been horrible.

He even went as far as to "create" a shipping label and send me confirmation but it shows it has yet to be picked up and that was 13 days ago at this point.

If anyone knows him or how to actually get ahold of him they should tell him he needs to do some damage control quick before shit hits the fan
4k20vt

Postby Foscora » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:04 am

audifreakjim wrote:Looks like every aftermarket exhaust out there.

And even probably even better than the average "Exhaust Shop".

A friend of mine just got this for his BMW :rofl:

And it looks way better than in reality.

Flange is not dead centered, welds needs to be trimmed badly, etc

So yeah that was a cheap one, but it won't last 2 years ... or even worse, will leak immediatly / won't past pollution inspection :lol:

And it's not even (100%) ebay junk, it's been made at a "local shop". :D
Foscora

Postby loxxrider » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:39 pm

audifreakjim wrote:Dead serious. Looks like every aftermarket exhaust out there. It's not the space shuttle. Looks better than my shit with sugar hanging off the inside.

Come on now. There are plenty of suppliers who can deliver a product with proper welds. This is so important on manifolds or parts anywhere near the turbo. For a regular exhaust part, maybe not... but if you're paying someone to do something shouldn't you expect something which is done properly?

a
audifreakjim wrote:Since you guys know it all. Let's play a game. Who would you buy parts from? Like I said, I can throw them all under the bus. But I don't.

No need to take the problem out of context. You can't prove innocence with someone elses guilt...

Afterthought wrote:It would be cool if someone who is formally trained to weld would fill us in becAuse now I'm curious. Those welds look really good from the outside, much more consistent than mine, the fit up looks good, piping is clean before welding .

No need to talk to someone formally trained in welding to tell if those welds are good or not. If the weld does not penetrate all the way through, its not as strong as it could or should be. That's the end of the story, simply from a common sense standpoint. This is why proper welders do V-notches in thicker material and make multiple passes... or... simply turn the power up if you've got enough. If you want to see proper SS tubing welds, just look at some sanitary weld pictures. The weld should be nearly flat on the outside, with full penetration to the inside (note, the second weld in the picture is not exemplary and wasn't meant to be).

Why are we making excuses for this shit? Come on guys!! If you can't handle the work with halfway decent customer service, then something needs to change and the community should know about it. Admit it, stop taking orders, and stop letting your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash. If you can't handle that reality, then I don't know what to say.
-Chris

'91 Audi 200 20v Avant
'01 Anthracite M5
'90 M3
'85 Euro 635csi
'12 X3
loxxrider

Postby Afterthought » Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:52 pm

Loxxrider I'm totally with you. The solution to these issues is so simple.
Honest communication is the one thing that could have solved almost all of the problems we are hearing about .
Even if someone is running late It's ok to not have the answer someone's looking for sometimes- but just give them an answer, don't ignore them or make more promises that won't be met.
I feel ya there. I only place orders one or two places now because I've been burned so many times even in just the past year - you name it . Not getting parts I paid for, getting ignored , being censored for asking about it , oil pans with holes in them. I've seen it all.

On that note thank you for the prompt shipping and communication on my parts ! How it should be done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Afterthought

1983 Ur Quattro
GMC 2500HD
Afterthought

Postby chaloux » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:14 pm

loxxrider wrote:Why are we making excuses for this shit? Come on guys!! If you can't handle the work with halfway decent customer service, then something needs to change and the community should know about it. Admit it, stop taking orders, and stop letting your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash. If you can't handle that reality, then I don't know what to say.

End of story.
Matt

chaloux

Postby chaloux » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:15 pm

loxxrider wrote:Why are we making excuses for this shit? Come on guys!! If you can't handle the work with halfway decent customer service, then something needs to change and the community should know about it. Admit it, stop taking orders, and stop letting your mouth write checks that your ass can't cash. If you can't handle that reality, then I don't know what to say.

End of story.
Matt

chaloux

Postby varia » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Here is the FB topic that was deleted few days ago:
http://quattro4life.com/images/tim/