eS2 evolution

Document and share your build!

Re: eS2 evolution

Postby FFF » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:16 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:Hey if it's not too much trouble can you post a few pics during the flange swap process and some notes? Haven't seen much on that over the years and it's on the to do list.

Your car's undercarriage gleams. When are you serving dinner?

You bet, going back and forth on a Wavetrac differential.... need to make a decision but will definitely document it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
FFF

Postby PRY4SNO » Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:12 pm

Do ittttt
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Postby FFF » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:46 pm

It’s that kind of thinking that changed the build from a Turbo to what it is now...!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
FFF

Postby PRY4SNO » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:24 pm

Tell me about it, ha. Cheers to scope creep! :beer:

About your *forged (not cast) control arms on the rear, *cough*update time*cough, Aaron detailed this at some point on MG. Couple things I wanted to mention... 1st, the rears are stamped to allow deflection in the event of a collision, hopefully save the SF or diff, etc. 2nd, you'll need to flip them side to side to get them in the middle of the wheelwell (IIRC).
Find me on Instagram @pry4sno

|| 2010 Golf Sportwagen TDI /// Farmenwagen
|| 1992 80 quattro 20v /// Eventual AAN'd Winter Sled
|| 1990 Coupe quattro /// Because Racecar

|| Spare parts for sale
PRY4SNO

Postby FFF » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:46 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:Tell me about it, ha. Cheers to scope creep! :beer:

About your *forged (not cast) control arms on the rear, *cough*update time*cough, Aaron detailed this at some point on MG. Couple things I wanted to mention... 1st, the rears are stamped to allow deflection in the event of a collision, hopefully save the SF or diff, etc. 2nd, you'll need to flip them side to side to get them in the middle of the wheelwell (IIRC).

Ok, ok... forged... I’m looking to get away from the deflection in he suspension... was simply trying to avoid spending more money on AK Motorsports site this year!!

I’ll have a look for Aarons, Varia said I need the 90 ball joints, I already had them flipped with the shorter arm to the rear of the car... I’ll see what happens with the ball joints.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
FFF

Postby FFF » Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:02 pm

PRY4SNO wrote:Hey if it's not too much trouble can you post a few pics during the flange swap process and some notes? Haven't seen much on that over the years and it's on the to do list.

Your car's undercarriage gleams. When are you serving dinner?

Ok so still waiting for flanges to get here... I had a quick email session with Scott at Advanced, little concerned on the diff upgrade, he said that often when coming apart things get damaged that can’t be bought. Looking in line things like seals etc don’t look like they are available. Somewhat of a concern especially the side that has the diff lock seal... he has to custom makes shim kits etc and doesn’t even offer the service on rear diffs because of the potential cost overruns (my guess any way as I didn’t ask him.

Going to talk to him tomorrow more on it, I’m banking on the fact that my base car was in amazing conditions with low miles / km.

So my car didn’t have gear oil under it but it also hasn’t been driven a lot the last 10 years... never being one that’s smart enough to not dive in I thought I’d pull the flanges this morning...

No drama at all, bolts came out and stubs with zero issues... seals seem ok, little stiffer than I would prefer but not bad.

FFF

Postby FFF » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Moved inside the car while I’m waiting in a couple of suspension parts, working on the final mock up of the hydraulic hand brake. I think I’m ready to tack things in place.

FFF

Previous

Return to Projects